Who We Are & What We Do
The Friends is a group of volunteers who help the town library be all that it can be. Established in 1986, we are a 501(c)(3) organization that raises money for services, special items, and programs beyond the library’s annual budget, while promoting the joy of reading and use of other media. A board leads our membership of nearly 100 individual and family members.
We are proud of our growing membership and raising more than $30,000 at our annual book sales over the past few years. These efforts enable us to:
- Fund programs for children and adults
- Co-sponsor Museum Pass with the Scotch Plains Library Friends
- Purchase computers, projectors, and similar technology
- Support online subscriptions for the New York Times.
- Promote the Friends’ and Library’s missions by supporting local resources and talents through Friends Connect.
We also supply refreshments for programs and fund small requests that would otherwise go unfulfilled.
The Friends board does most of the organization’s work. But other great volunteers also help out, especially at the book sale.
|Publicity/Newsletter/Social Media||Annette Madarasz, Mindy Matthews, Danielle Delavaux, Ella Platts|
|Book Sale – By Committee||Tracy Rasmussen, Sung Yun Yu, Mary Worley, Danielle Delavaux, Sally Hogan, Deserie Foster, Arlene Ross|
|Museum Pass Program||Erica Feldman, Annette Madarasz|
|Friends Connect||Arlene Ross, Sung Yun Yu, Mary Worley, Mary Ann Bonacum|
|Volunteers||Sally Hogan, Danielle Delavaux|
|Members at Large||Krys Budd, Amy Hamill|
Our fall membership drive begins when we mail our newsletter and membership form to each Fanwood household. But we welcome members at any time! Many people join because they are library lovers. Others sign up because they appreciate how much the library provides in exchange for their tax-dollar investment. Questions? Contact Membership Chair Sally Hogan: email@example.com or 908.889.4361 (leave a message)
You may enroll online, at the library, or mail your membership form to: Friends membership 5 Forest Rd. Fanwood, NJ 07023.
- Join our board and reap even more benefits! Meet other people interested in sharing love of reading, literacy, and our community.
- Volunteer for a committee: Publicity, Book Sale, Programs, or Membership. Contact Sally Hogan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 908.889.4361 (leave a message)
- Volunteer for the book sale. Check back here next summer to sign up to help at the next fall book sale.
Your Friends membership card entitles you to:
- First pick at our annual book sale
- Email updates, including what’s happening at area museums
- 10% (or more) discount from our growing list of these local merchants:
- Crown Jewelers
- Fabio’s Bistro
- Fanwood Pharmacy
- Houdini Pizza Laboratory
- Nick’s Pizza & Deli *
- Norman’s Hallmark
- Rocko’s Ice Cream *
- Scotchwood Florist
- Town Bookstore (Westfield)
* Discount applies to select items.
Present your membership card when you shop, and please thank the staff for their generous support!
The Friends schedule bi-monthly meetings at the library. All are welcome to attend! Contact Carol Campell at email@example.com for information on the next meeting.